About the Language Laboratory
The language laboratory is located on LL1 of the Hauser Library. Providing audio, video, and CALL (Computer-Assisted Language Learning) facilities, the language lab is designed to augment language competence at all levels. The adjacent Instructional Media Center offers an international library of audio materials, videos, and CD-ROMs in Chinese, French, German, Russian, Spanish, and other languages. Currently equipped with 22 Intel iMacs that can run both Mac OS X and Windows applications, the lab is open to students approximately 15 hours daily during the academic year. Web links to many language lab resources are also available campus-wide via the Reed webpage.
Hours/Availability. The language lab may be closed at times when classes are meeting there.
Interested in learning a new language on your own? Check out our General Language Resources page to learn more.
New: Visit our blog to learn more about Computer Assisted Language Learning (CALL).
Language resources on this site
Each language link leads to a page with:
- A link to the language department.
- Links to class resources such as audio files.
- Information about software for the language available on Reed computers.
- Typing help for typing foreign characters.
- Information about software and online dictionaries.
- Other recommended resources.
Search for videos and dvds in the IMC by language