|Class-specific resources||Recommended dictionaries|
|Language-specific resources||Literary and cultural resources|
Puntos de partida, eighth edition: textbook audio
Puntos de partida, eighth edition: Laboratory Audio Program
NOTE: The audio files at the links above go along with the most recent edition of Puntos de partida. If you have an older copy of the textbook, you may need to use the links to the files for the seventh edition, below.
Spanish 311: Moodle site
- Oxford Language Dictionaries Online (Reed only): Spanish-English and English-Spanish dictionaries with audio of native-speaker pronunciation
- Diccionario de la Lengua Española - Real Academia Española
- WordReference.com - includes dictionary, grammar and usage information, and discussion forums (with many native-speaker participants) about usage, idiomatic expressions, etc.
- YourDictionary.com - a compendium of links to Spanish dictionaries, including some that are highly specialized, and translation sites
The following software is available in the Instructional Media Center:
- Atajo (Spell- and grammar-checker); Also available as keyed software on the Academic Software server and as a CD in the IMC (PC4410 .D66 2005 CD-ROM).
- El Corrector (Spell- and grammar-checker)
- Dos Mundos (First year text and audio exercises) - PC4129.E5 D67 1998
- Learn Spanish Now! (Interactive software) - PC4117 .L437 2002 CD-ROM
|Word: Use Word's built-in special characters.||Option key: Use the option key to type special characters.|
|International keyboard: Change your keyboard behavior so you can use special key combinations for special characters.||Keyboard layout setup: Be able to type as if you have a Spanish keyboard.|
|Keyboard layout setup: Be able to type as if you have a Spanish keyboard.||Key Caps/Keyboard Viewer: View keyboard layouts and copy characters into documents.|
|Keyboard layout: See the Spanish keyboard layout.|
|Character map: Copy and paste special characters from this system tool.|
|ASCII codes: Use Alt key + numbers for special characters.|
- Spanish Language and Culture by Barbara Kuczun Nelson (Colby College) - Formerly known as Spanish Grammar Exercises
- Gramatica y ortografia by Juan Manuel Soto Arrivi (University of Indiana) - Exercises, reference materials, and links to other electronic resources for learning Spanish
- Spanish Language Exercises by Juan Ramon de Arana (Ursinus College) - Self-correcting grammar exercises
- Phonetics: The Sounds of Spanish (University of Iowa) - Animated library of the sounds of Spanish, with audio and video
- StudySpanish Online - Helpful resources in grammar, pronunciation and vocabulary for beginning students of Spanish.
- Bowdoin's Guide to the Spanish Language
- Spanish Grammar Exercise - for intermediate students.
- Research Guide for Spanish-Language Literature (Reed Library)
- Instituto Cervantes
- Revista Memoria
- Proyecto Sherezade - Monthly installments of Spanish literary texts.
- DonQuijote Literatura - Brief histories of Spanish and Latin American literature, as well as several online editions of Iberian canonical texts.
- Textos Lemir - A collection of Iberian texts from the Middle Ages and Renaissance.
- Las Obras de Federico García Lorca - Complete works of Federico Garcia Lorca online.
- Cantar de mio Cid - An interactive presentation of the epic Spanish poem "Cantar de mio Cid".
- ABC (Spain)
- Clarin (Argentina)
- La Jornada (Mexico)
- El Mundo (Spain)
- El Nuevo Herald (Miami; covers Cuba, Venezuela, Colombia, South Florida)
- La Nacion Line (Argentina)
- Página/12 (Argentina)
- El País (Spain)
- El Periódico (Catalonia)
- Prensa Libre (Guatemala)
- Siglo Veintiuno (Guatemala)
- El Universal (Mexico)
- Sin Nombre (2009): A story of the interactions between a Honduran immigrant girl and a Mexcian gang member as they attempt to cross the US border. (researched and summarized by Madison Gordon)
- Biutiful: When Uxbal, a man who makes his living working on the black market, is diagnosed with terminal cancer, he must find a way to turn his life around. (researched and summarized by Madison Gordon)
- Bad Day to Go Fishing: A traveling strongman and his manager arrive in the small town of Santa Moaria, only to realize they have stumbled into a potential trap from which their jobs and friendship may never recover. (researched and summarized by Madison Gordon)
- Like Water for Chocolate: Film information here
- El Secreto de sus Ojos: Film information here
- También la Lluvia: Film information here
Museums of the Spanish-speaking world
- Museo de Arte Contemporáneo Latinoamericano (La Plata, Argentina)
- Museo de Arte Latinoamericano de Buenos Aires (Buenos Aires, Argentina)
- Instituto Nacional de Bellas Artes (Mexico City, Mexico)
- Museo Nacional de Antropología (Mexico City, Mexico)
- Museo del Prado (Madrid, Spain)
- Museu d'Art Contemporani de Barcelona (Barcelona, Spain)
- Museo Guggenheim Bilbao (Bilbao, Spain)
- Museo Sefardi (Toledo, Spain)
Portland community resources
- El Hispanic News
- Voz - Latino immigrant rights organization with many opportunities for volunteers
- Catholic Charities Oregon - Helps with immigration and legal problems in the community; opportunities for political and volunteer involvement