Many Reed Theatre graduates choose to continue their training at the graduate level, focusing on a specific area of theatre practice (for example: playwriting, acting, directing, design). Reed Theatre graduates have been very successful in the highly competitive field of graduate admissions, pursuing advanced degree programs at leading universities including N.Y.U., Yale, Northwestern, University of Washington, California Institute of the Arts, and Carnegie-Mellon University. All areas of theatre practice have been pursued at the advanced degree level. Other students have chosen to pursue advanced degree work in other fields, including education and law.
Log in to Career Services' IRIS resources to find out what Reed Theatre majors go on to do by searching the alumni directory by major. Visit the Office of Career Services online and in Greywood for a rich variety of resources on career exploration, internship, and job search tools , and general information and resources on graduate and professional school.
The web hosts a wide range of information resources for theatre folk, from union info to festival information, from amateur and college companies to Broadway and the West End, from designers to vendors to on-line plays, from newsgroups to magazines to....
Academic Resources and References:
Through the Reed Library:
- Inter-Play: an on-line index to plays in
collections, anthologies and periodicals
Scripts and Theatre History:
- RMC A Brief Guide to Theatre and Internet Resources in Theater and Performance Studies
- Perseus' Primary Greek Texts
- Perseus Encyclopedia "Theater and Drama" index
- Richard Toscan's Playwriting Seminars According to Mr. Toscan: The Playwriting Seminars is a 173-page companion on the art and craft of playwriting with an inevitable excursion into film.
Portland Theatre on the Web
More Oregon Theatre on the Web
- Albany Civic Theater
- Ashland - Oregon Shakespeare Festival
- Ashland - Oregon Cabaret Theatre
- Corvallis - Majestic Theatre
- Eugene - Hult Center
- Grants Pass - Rogue Music Theatre
- Lake Oswego - Lakewood Center
- Medford - Craterian "Ginger Rogers" Theatre
- Newport Art Center
- Salem - Pentacle
Oregon University Theatre